Thursday, September 10, 2009

Inoshiro Honda


After getting the Toho Collection today I realised that Inoshiro Honda probably is the director I have most movie of. I love the man. He's probably my absolute favorite director, even in competition with all the crazy italians.

He directed over fifty movies, and I have twentytwo of them - which is quite good. I only have his monster- and sci-fi movies, and most of them are brilliant works. I wished I could get my hands on his other movies, dramas and comedies - because could handle that as well to. For example, just cut all the silly Godzilla-stockfootage from All Monsters Attack and you have an excellent childrens movie.

My collection, a couple of them on vhs though:

Godzilla
Rodan
The Mysterians
The H-Man
Varan the Unbelievable
Battle in Outer Space
Mothra
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Matango
Atragon
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Dagora, the Space Monster
Ghidora, the Three-Headed Monste
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Invasion of the Astro-Monsters
War of the Gargantuas
King Kong Escapes
Destroy All Monsters
Latitude Zero
All Monsters Attack
Yog: The Space Amoeba
Terror of Mechagodzilla

2 comments:

Phantom of Pulp said...

What are your top three Honda movies, Fred?

Ninja Dixon said...

I haven't seen H-man yet, so...

But I would say, to be lazy:

Varan
Invasion of the Astro-monsters
Terror of Mecha-Godzilla

But The Mysterians is fantastic, and also Godzilla... I love them all!